I know it doesn’t seem like much but it’s everything to me! Thank you everyone for your support! Love you guys!
So…I’m not sure what made me decide to write about insults but I have been on fire with my comebacks lately and I’d thought I would dabble with this post. So you’re welcome!
Starting off, as you can read from previous posts, my mom and I have a very strained relationship..very. And I try to cope through jokes when I am around her, and really my family in general. It’s kind of my outlet and my thing. So you better believe that any chance I get, I will totally take a shot at her or really anyone for that matter. Some say I take it too far, others say I’m hilarious. I prefer the latter.
So, my mom and I were on the phone last night, and she proceeds to sometimes tell me wayyy too much information.
Here is mine and my mom’s conversation.
Mom: Honey you will not believe what happened!
Mom: I mean it’s really unreal.
Me: Okay? I’m still waiting…
Mom: It’s too crazy to even say out loud.
Me: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED?!
*As you can see, I am very patient.*
Mom: Fine! Relax. (Pause)I thought I was pregnant…Can you believe that?
Mom: Well aren’t you going to say anything??
Me: Well what do you want me to say? I mean, shit Mom, I thought you were going through menopause?
Mom: How old do you think I am?!
Me: I mean, I thought your lady parts were like dust at this point…
Me: *peeing my pants from laughter.
Mom: *hangs up phone.
Lol…I’m such an ass. That is all.
I don’t know why I’ve been talking about relationships so much lately but I feel like I needed to share this.
Have you ever been in a relationship where the guy or girl was very protective? My next question is, How much is too much?
In my previous relationship, there was a few instances where I questioned his “protective” instincts. At first I thought it was an endearing quality that he wanted to protect me or wanted to know where I was, all the time. I thought, “awe that’s cute.” As time passed, I started getting annoyed with the fact that every time he called or I got home, he would ask me where I was and who I was with. My response would be “I just got off work. Where do you think?!” It got to a point where is was constant. He was constantly nagging.
At one point he followed me to work and I saw him sitting outside during the day. I called him to see what he was doing and played like I didn’t know where he was. He said that he was at the store. Two minutes later, I saw him leave. Shortly after that, we broke up, on my terms. I still see him ride by my house here and there, which is another story in itself.
In hindsight, I should have noticed the signs. I really think his actions were a start to what could have been a very destructive relationship and possibly abusive. I’m very lucky that I ended it before it got to that point.
I want to believe that I was strong enough to leave but I know there are others that are not so strong. And it sometimes gets to a point where it’s too late. If someone that is reading this has experienced something similar or worse, you are not alone!
My definition of dating is a friendship built on compatibility, laughter, and food. But again this is MY definition. Each person has their own based on their experiences and what they look for in an significant other.
These days, I feel it’s a lot harder to find someone. Now you may think I’m crazy because of technology making it so much easier to connect to people but I honestly think it’s harder to find someone genuine. You can find someone through social media sites or through an app but it’s on the basis of appearance and sex.
A lot of people I have talked to refuse to be in relationships these days for a number of reasons. Whether they just don’t trust people or they like to keep their options open…it is what it is. But this has made me question whether, dating is extinct? Has it become just an idea? Or an old way of thinking or developing a relationship?
Personally, I think dating has died. And again I say personally. Dating use to be this private relationship that would only be shared among 2 people. Now it has come to be this social aspect that is shared all throughout the internet. People don’t date in hopes to find the one that they wish to spend the rest of their life with.
Honestly, I miss the whole dating aspect. The first few months everything is so new and you learn so much about each other. You’re constantly laughing and just having fun. Now, I feel like every guy that I come across doesn’t want a relationship. It’s kind of unnerving to realize.
Anyone else feel the same way? And has dating really died?
Let’s talk hair products.
I’m very, very picky about what I put on my hair. Once, when I was in high school, I took a box of dye to my mane and my hair over-processed. My hair was literally snapping off. I was crying and vigorously washing the devil’s potion out. I went to my aunt, who is a hair stylist and she cut all the bad parts out and also put some hair restorative conditioner to help with what hair I had left. Now, I would share a picture of this but for obvious reasons, I have burned all the remaining evidence of this horrible time in my life. So I found this sweet picture that is very close to what was happening on my head.
So picture this but a little more choppy. Oh and add braces AND glasses. Yeaaaa.
I was cute. So since that traumatic experience, I cannot stress that I’m very careful who cuts/colors and what products go on my head.
So with that, I kept seeing advertisements for Shea Moisture as well as a the product itself on the shelves at stores. I kept thinking, well that looks interesting…let me do some research. After doing my research, it fit my criteria…so sulfate free and color safe. It also has raw and a lot of certified organic products. Winning. I found where you can get FREE LARGE samples here plus a $2 off coupon! It also looks like they are restocking some so keep checking in for your free samples. Double Winning.
So I got my sample 2 days ago and have been using it daily (which I tend to wash my hair daily anyways because I can’t control all this madness and super thickness).
It’s the Shea Moisture- Raw Shea Butter
- My hair is friggin soft.
- Smells like the beach…a good beach.
- The smell stays all day.
- My hair is shiner.
- It didn’t frizz up after blow drying and straightening.
- You really don’t need to use much (Saving!)
- Although it smells amazing…it is very strong (still not totally a strike for me).
- I had to really make sure it was washed out. I know with previous sulfate free shampoos, it takes a minute to wash out.
So all in all, I give this stuff an 9/10. I’m totally going to order more samples of the other Shea Moisture line, just to see what the other stuff is like but I WILL be buying this one!
Dedicated to my Little Grasshopper.
So this is not your typical ‘How To Date’ type of post because let’s be honest…have you seen my work? It’s not very typical. This will be a mix of ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ and ‘Rocky.’
Whether you want to save your relationship..or you want to get rid of your SO, then this post is for you. And you’re welcome?
- Negative Criticism: If you’re anything like me, you do not like to be criticized, whether it’s positive or negative. But the worst part is the negative criticism. You can really create distance between you and your SO by freely handing out negative criticism. So instead of “You never clean up after yourself!” or “Why are you so stupid?!” Try, “hey honey, could you please do the dishes tonight?” On the flip side of this…if you’re trying to create distance, well criticize away!
- Flirting with others: Well this is a no brainer…moving on.
- No effort: Relationships in general take a lot of work. You are kidding yourself if you think it’s not going to be hard. You are literally sharing your life with someone else. You are sharing your food, house, friends, car, clothes….everything! So it’s hard being nice, I get it but the downfall is people not making an effort to be in the relationship. Shower with compliments, have regular sex, and for gosh sake, be nice!
- Suffocation: So this is my biggest pet peeve. Like I will literally punch someone in the throat if they are breathing down my neck 24/7. I’m not that girl and I just can’t do it. Small rant…. Don’t you hate when you see those couples that are kissing and holding hands ALL.THE.TIME. Well, I hate those couples. You guys literally make me sick. You don’t have to constantly be touching each other. I have a friend who is like that and if she is reading this, than “I hate you.” She and her SO were at a birthday party and she had her leg over his leg and they were holding hands while eating and they kept kissing….gross. I’m giving them the upturned lip, like have some respect dude, we are a 3 year old’s birthday party…okay I’m done. Well I consider this suffocation. Just give each other space…
- Passive Aggressive: I tend to be very sarcastic and have passive aggressive tendencies. Just avoid it all together. It’s a sinking ship. With my ex, he wouldn’t clean up after himself and he would stare at me and ask if I needed help cleaning up…and I would say, “No, I love cleaning up after you.” Well as you can tell, I called him an ex so we are not together. So no to the passive aggressiveness.
I’m probably not the right person to be giving love advice because I’m everything that I’m telling you not to do/be…… but in a weird way, maybe I’m the perfect person to be giving advice?
I hope this helps a bit!
I am a millennial and I can’t stand millennials. Don’t get me wrong, not all millennials are the same but a majority that I come across are little entitled brats.
I just saw a mom and her son (probably in his mid 20’s) eating at Einstein Bagels and he is telling her about the recent Kim Kardashian scandal. She is listening intently and commenting when appropriate. She seems very patient.
Side note: I love to people watch so I’m staring them down like a piece of cheesecake.
Anyway, after he finishes his rant about the latest celebrity gossip, she asks when they get home, if he could do his laundry and clean the bathroom. He flat out says “no, that’s your job.” She doesn’t say anything but an intense stare down occurs. They don’t say anything for a few minutes and he says, “by the way, we need groceries at the house.” She goes, “I’ve already been to the store so if you need something else, you can go.” He just looks at her and says, “I’m not spending my money on groceries.”
At this point, I’m staring at him with my mouth open. If I would have talked to my mom like that, I wouldn’t have been able to sit for a week.
This little turd is still talking back to her and I’ve just had enough…I lean over and say to the mom “Please accept my apology for what I’m about to say to your son.” To the son “listen here you little shit, how about you quit being disrespectful to your mom and get off your lazy ass and contribute. You are about 25, right? Yea, well she has every right to legally kick your butt out of her house but for whatever reason, she hasn’t, so show some freaking respect.” He just looks at me dumbfounded. He gets up to leave, and the mom grabs my arm and says “Thank you. Seriously.”
I’m not usually a confrontational person but this dummy was just straight rude and I couldn’t take it. It was disgusting.
I’ve been around other situations similar to these…and it makes my stomach turn. My mom would have slapped me in the mouth or better yet, kicked my ass in front of all the people in the coffee shop.
Although, I am millennial, I was taught to be more considerate and not to think the world owed me anything. I’m trying to create a path for myself, which yes, has caused me to struggle but it’s my struggle and no one else’s.
Sorry, Rant OVER!